JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - Gov. Phil Bryant has issued a statewide burn ban, effective immediately.
He announced the proclamation Wednesday afternoon.
The State has been and will continue to be adversely affected by extremely dry conditions, and as a result wildfires are occurring increasingly over wide areas of Mississippi. I have signed a proclamation initiating a statewide burn ban, effective immediately. pic.twitter.com/Iv4i5v9Dfi
— Phil Bryant (@PhilBryantMS) October 2, 2019
- Mississippi governor issues statewide burn ban
- Governor lifts statewide burn ban
- West Point issues burn ban
- City of Starkville issues burn ban
- West Point issues a burn ban
- Starkville lifts burn ban
- UPDATE: Mississippi governor wants appeal of ruling on abortion ban
- Hawaii considers first statewide ban on e-cigarette flavors
- Burn ban approved in Montgomery County