JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - Gov. Tate Reeves announced on Tuesday new appointments to several of Mississippi’s boards that oversee the state's public schools, colleges and universities.
Appointments to Institutions of Higher Learning Board (IHL)
- Dr. Ormella Cummings, of Itawamba County, has been appointed to represent the Third Supreme Court District. She currently serves as Chief Strategy Officer for North Mississippi Health Services. She is an Ole Miss graduate.
- Teresa Hubbard, of Lafayette County, has been appointed to represent the Third Supreme Court District. She serves as President and CEO of CITE Armored, with locations in Holly Springs and Batesville. She is a graduate of Delta State University.
- Hal Parker, of Hinds County, has been reappointed to represent the First Supreme Court District. He was first appointed in 2012. He currently serves as General Partner of Parker Land, LLC. He is a graduate of Mississippi State University.
- Gregg Rader, of Lowndes County, has been appointed to represent the Third Supreme Court District. He has served as CEO of Columbus Recycling Corporation. He is a graduate of Mississippi State University.
The IHL Board oversees Mississippi's public universities.
Appointments to State Board of Education
- Dr. Wendi Barrett, of Harrison County, has been appointed as the Schoolteacher Representative. She teaches English at St. Martin High School in Ocean Springs. She is a graduate of Southern Miss and William Carey University.
- Matt Miller, of Lamar County, has been appointed as the Second Supreme Court District representative. Miller is an attorney at the law firm Copeland, Cook, Taylor, and Bush. He is a Southern Miss and Ole Miss Law graduate.
- Gov. Reeves appointed Dr. Angela Bass, of Hinds County, in October 2020 to represent the First Supreme Court District. She is the Executive Director of the Mississippi Early Learning Alliance.
- The governor also appointed Glen East, of Harrison County, in October as the School Administrator Representative. East is Superintendent of the Gulfport School District.
The Mississippi Board of Education oversees Mississippi's public schools.
Mississippi Community College Board
- Luke Montgomery, of Itawamba County, has been reappointed to represent the former First Congressional District. He is president and CEO of Montgomery Enterprises, Inc. He is a Mississippi State University graduate.
- Johnny McRight, of Washington County, has been reappointed to represent the former Second Congressional District. He owns and operates McRight Services, LLC. He is an Ole Miss graduate.
- Will Symmes, of Harrison County, has been appointed to represent the former Fifth Congressional District. Symmes is a partner with the law firm Tindell, Symmes, Estes, & Cusick, PLLC. He is a Southern Miss and Mississippi College School of Law graduate.
The Community College Board oversees Mississippi's junior colleges.