JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - For the second month in a row, Mississippi's unemployment rate fell to a historic low.
That's according to the Mississippi Department of Employment Security, who released February's numbers Friday.
In February, Mississippi's unemployment rate fell to 4.5 percent, which is the lowest level of unemploymenet ever recorded in Mississippi.
That rate is one-tenth of a percentage point lower than in January.
Great news! The February unemployment rate fell to 4.5 percent, the lowest ever recorded, breaking the previous record set in January. Our job-friendly tax and regulatory climate has allowed our businesses to put more Mississippians to work than ever before. #MississippiProud pic.twitter.com/bVBOpMFdyL
— Phil Bryant (@PhilBryantMS) March 23, 2018
- Mississippi continues to see record low unemployment
- Mississippi sees record low unemployment in December
- Mississippi sees record low unemployment in November
- Mississippi unemployment rate near historic low
- New record low unemployment rate for Alabama in November
- Mississippi releases county unemployment numbers
- Alabama unemployment rate matches all-time low
- Alabama unemployment rate is at historic low
- Union, Pontotoc counties see low unemployment rates for November
- Mississippi coast casinos break April revenue record