STARKVILLE, Miss. (AP) — Mississippi State forward Chloe Bibby will miss the rest of the season because of a left knee injury.
The school announced the extent of the injury on Friday. The 6-foot-1 Bibby fell awkwardly after pivoting during the opening minute of Thursday night's game against South Carolina, clutching her leg in obvious pain. She had to be helped off the floor and didn't return.
Chloe Bibby | Photo: HailState.com
The sophomore played in 18 games this season. Coming into the South Carolina game, she was averaging 12.6 points and was one of the team's few reliable 3-point shooters, shooting 45 percent behind the arc.
The seventh-ranked Bulldogs (17-1, 5-0 Southeastern Conference) have a week off before traveling to face Florida on Thursday.
- Mississippi State's Bibby out for season with knee injury
- Former MSU star Jeffery Simmons suffers knee injury
- Ultralight plane crashes in Mississippi, no injuries
- ACLU: Mississippi students can't be punished for taking a knee during national anthem
- Mississippi State women wrap up SEC regular-season title
- Tornado damages homes in central Mississippi; no injuries reported
- Alabama defeats Mississippi State 31-24
- Oregon State defeats Mississippi State 12-2
- Local volleyball players spark debate after taking knee during national anthem
- Briggs named Mississippi Valley State University president