STARKVILLE, Miss. (AP) - Go online, buy a horse.
Mississippi State University is having an online auction Friday, Saturday and Sunday to sell 11 registered American Quarter Horses.
The university says in a news release that the auction includes a variety of horses, "from proven broodmares to 2-year-olds just beginning their careers."
A 2-year-old sorrel named MSU Woody Acres is described by MSU representatives as "excellent minded, athletic and willing - perfect for disciplines ranging from youth show to ranch work." The release says Oakville Highway, a broodmare retired from the show pen, has proven she can produce money-earning offspring.
Four horses from the riding herd are in the auction.
- Mississippi State holding online auction for 11 horses
- Mississippi universities shine in online education
- Mississippi schools among most affordable online colleges
- Mississippi State coaches hold football clinic for ladies
- 32 in Mississippi arrested in online sex crimes against kids
- Alabama defeats Mississippi State 31-24
- Oregon State defeats Mississippi State 12-2
- Marie Antoinette's jewels up for auction
- KKK Robe Sells for $3,000 at Auction
- Automobile collectors race to Tupelo for auction