CAMP BUEHRING, Kuwait (WTVA) - Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann visited Mississippi National Guard Soldiers of the 155th Armored Brigade Combat Team October 7-11, in Kuwait.
Secretary Hosemann and Maj. Gen. Janson D. Boyles, adjutant general of Mississippi, spoke to roughly 3,500 Mississippi Soldiers during their visit. Hosemann instructed Soldiers on the process of registering to vote and absentee voting while they are deployed in support of Operation Spartan Shield.
"Historically, for some reason, soldiers have not voted, and we want them to vote," said Hosemann.
The 155th ABCT conducted a transfer of authority July 15 at Camp Buehring and took over the mission as a part of Task Force Spartan. Through Operation Spartan Shield, Task Force Spartan maintains a U.S. military posture in Southwest Asia sufficient to strengthen our defense relationships and build partner capacity. Units supporting OSS provide capabilities such as aviation, logistics, force protection and information management, and facilitate theater security cooperation activities such as key leader engagements, joint exercises, conferences, symposia and humanitarian assistance/disaster response planning.
- Mississippi Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann visits deployed troops
- Secretary of State Hosemann announces bid for lieutenant governor
- Bryant, Hosemann address political matters
- Mississippi secretary of state hints at run for other office
- 155th Brigade to deploy in spring 2018
- Local National Guardsmen to deploy Monday
- Mississippi governor won't recall troops from Mexican border
- REPORT: President Trump to visit Mississippi Saturday
- Mississippi Medicaid increasing doctors' office visits
- Alabama deploys Guard helicopter, crew to Mexican border