JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - Approximately 20 Mississippi National Guardsmen will provide aviation and mission planning support to states impacted by Hurricane Florence.
The soldiers will come from Meridian’s Company B, 1st Battalion, 111th Aviation Regiment.
In addition, Mississippi Air National Guard personnel will support relief planning and coordination efforts from Tyndall Air Force Base in Florida.
“The Mississippi National Guard stands ready to assist with saving lives and property during recovery operations,” said Maj. Gen. Janson Boyles.
- Mississippi National Guard to provide hurricane recovery support
- UPDATE: More Mississippi National Guardsmen providing hurricane recovery support
- Mississippi governor backs sending National Guard to border
- MUW announces free tuition program for Mississippi National Guard
- Mississippi National Guard unit gets commander from Kansas
- Mississippi universities provide guidance to state's entrepreneurs
- Local crews head out to help with Hurricane Michael recovery
- MSU to offer free tuition to eligible Mississippi National Guard service members
- Mississippi closes part of prison, citing guard shortage
- National Guard send off dinner held in Choctaw County