CORINTH, Miss. (WTVA) - The Mississippi State Board Of Education has given Corinth schools a "C" grade because of federal law.
The school district tried to file a lawsuit to prevent this action.
The state board of education said this grade was given to the school district because of federal law.
Corinth school leaders said the grade is not accurate because it uses a curriculum different than other Mississippi public schools.
- Corinth schools receive 'C' grade from MDE
- MDE releases district performance grades for 2016-17 school year
- MDE: Local school district under investigation
- Some local hospitals receive top safety grades
- MDE: Tupelo schools among those affected by Questar Assessment breach
- Fire destroys Corinth business
- Alabama releases letter grades for schools
- A-F grades approved for state school districts and schools