STARKVILLE, Miss. (AP) - Jake Mangum had three hits, Jordan Westburg drove in two runs and Mississippi State beat Miami 5-2 to advance to the super regionals of the NCAA Tournament.
Mississippi State (49-13) is in the super regionals for the fourth time in four seasons under four different head coaches. Peyton Plumlee (6-4) earned the win with five solid innings, giving up two runs on five hits while striking out three. Cole Gordon earned his 11th save with a scoreless ninth.
Miami (41-20) took an early 1-0 lead when Raymond Gil hit a solo homer in the second inning. Mississippi State bounced back with three runs in the fourth and never trailed again. Tanner Allen and Dustin Skelton both had run-scoring singles during the rally.
Miami’s Slade Cecconi (5-4) took the loss, giving up three runs over seven innings.
- Mississippi State beats Miami 5-2, back in super regionals
- Oregon State beats Mississippi State 5-2, plays Arkansas in CWS finals
- Mississippi State in Super Regional for third straight year
- NCAA: Mississippi State to Nashville for Super Regional
- Mississippi State tops Stanford 6-2 in NCAA super regionals
- Arkansas beats Ole Miss 11-2 in Fayetteville Super Regional opener
- Mississippi State to host 2019 Starkville Regional
- Mullen, Florida beat Mississippi State 13-6
- Diamond Dawgs Fall In Game Two Of Nashville Super Regional
- Police to enforce parking prohibition during MSU super regional