FAYETTE, Ala. (AP) — Authorities in Alabama have found the body of a woman reported missing several weeks ago.
News outlets report Tuscaloosa County Sheriff's Office investigators found the body of 31-year-old Ashley Tennell Watkins on Wednesday.
Deputies say Watkins left her mother's home with her dog on Dec. 9 to visit a friend in Fayette and never returned. It's unclear what happened to the dog.
Watkins' cause of death is pending an autopsy.
- Missing woman found dead in rural Alabama county
- 2 men found dead in car in rural Alabama
- UPDATE: Woman found dead in Union County
- Missing Oktibbeha County woman found alive
- UPDATE: Missing Lee County woman found safe
- UPDATE: Missing Lee County woman found
- UPDATE: Missing woman found safe
- UPDATE: Missing Aberdeen woman found
- UPDATE: Missing Columbus woman found
- Ole Miss graduates receive Rural Physician Scholarships