BRUCE, Miss. (WTVA) - Firefighters responded to a house fire in Bruce early Wednesday morning, according to Calhoun County Fire Coordinator Chris Williams.
It happened around 1:30 a.m. on N McSweyn Pl.
The fire was fully involved when firefighters arrived at the home, Williams said. There was a minor explosion due to combustible materials inside the home.
The home is unoccupied and the owner lives out of state, according to Williams.
The state fire marshall will begin its investigation into the fire on November 8.
- Fire officials: Minor explosion at home in Bruce
- Capital murder charge filed in connection with Bruce home explosion
- Bruce home a total loss after fires
- Explosion in Bruce, murder or gas leak?
- Bruce renames police and fire departments
- Bruce hires new police chief
- Reward increased for Bruce shooting suspect's capture
- Bruce police chief dies following illness
- Bruce woman accused of embezzlement in Oxford
- Gun found at Bruce High School