BOONEVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - The wait for a member of the National Guard to return home came to an end on Tuesday when she surprised her sons in Booneville.
Sgt. Pamela Stevens returned home to surprise her sons Walen and Mackenzie at a pep rally at Booneville Middle School.
The event was disguised as a baseball pep rally before Stevens surprised her sons when they were receiving gifts.
Stevens had been in Kuwait since June 2018.
"I didn't, I kind of thought it was going to be her, but I didn't really know,” said Mackenzie. “It was surprising, and I was really happy that she was home."
While away, Stevens' only way of communicating was through FaceTime and iMessage.
Stevens will remain a full-time member of the National Guard.
- Military mom surprises children at Booneville pep rally
- Military helicopter makes emergency landing near Booneville
- Multiple arrests in Booneville
- VIDEO: Soldier surprises children in Lee County
- Returning soldier surprises children in Pontotoc
- Three charged in Booneville shooting
- Booneville police make drug arrest
- Booneville man arrested for cocaine
- Booneville police investigate Walmart theft
- Booneville man charged with burglary