TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - U.S. Senate candidate Mike Espy visited Tupelo to urge people to vote on November 6.
Espy was in Fairpark at a fish fry.
The event included live music, free lunch and speeches.
Espy, who is running to fill the unexpired term of Senator Thad Cochran, formerly represented Mississippi's 2nd Congressional District and later served as U.S. Secretary of Agriculture.
He also made stops in Hinds, DeSoto, Madison and Warren counties.
- Mike Espy hits five counties to urge voter turnout
- Former VP Joe Biden endorses Mike Espy
- Los Angeles mayor endorses Mike Espy for U.S. Senate
- California senator campaigns for Espy
- Mississippi election leader predicts strong voter turnout
- Final campaigning is crucial for candidates Cindy Hyde-Smith and Mike Espy
- Hyde-Smith, Espy to debate next week
- Voter turnout projected to be 25 to 30 percent
- High absentee voter turnout seen before run-off election
- Hyde-Smith accepts Farm Bureau debate; Espy considering it