BALDWYN, Miss. (WTVA) - A Baldwyn man is in custody after a drug-filled package was received at the local post office.
Prentiss County Sheriff Randy Tolar says his office was notified Friday morning by a United States postal inspector of a package that was received at the Baldwyn Post Office.
Larry Brian Newman | Photo: Prentiss County Jail
Deputies responded to the post office and contacted the recipient of the package and determined the package contained methamphetamine.
Narcotics agents and Prentiss County deputies arrested Larry Brian Newman, 44, for possession of a controlled substance.
His bond was set at $5,000.
Sheriff Tolar says it’s becoming more common to discover drugs being sent via postal and delivery services which has led to increased monitoring by law enforcement.
The case will be presented to the next Prentiss County grand jury.
- Meth-filled package received at Baldwyn post office, arrest made
- Arrest made following Baldwyn gas station burglary
- Officers seize package containing drugs in Nettleton, arrest made
- Meth arrest made in Tishomingo County
- Baldwyn police officers file lawsuit against city
- Officers make meth arrests in Tishomingo County
- Officers seize drugs in Tupelo, arrest made
- Man found dead inside his Baldwyn home
- Three teens charged in Baldwyn murder
- Charges pending after deadly Baldwyn shooting