BALDWYN, Miss. (WTVA) - On Saturday people honored the men that fought in the Battle at Brices Cross Roads.
In honor of those men, the 114th Infantry Reactivated unveiled a monument.
Members of that infantry gathered on the grounds that many lost their lives 155 years ago.
The battle took place on June 10, 1864, and the Confederate Army defeated a much larger Union force.
Descendants of those men, supporters of those men, and several others were in attendance to see the monument be unveiled.
- Memorial dedicated at Brices Cross Roads
- Starkville Police dedicate new building
- Tupelo bridge dedicated to former mayor
- Tupelo Fire Department dedicates new fire truck
- UPDATE: Barnes Crossing Road in Tupelo reopened after gas leak
- MDOT plans to improve Barnes Crossing Road in Tupelo
- Aberdeen celebrates Memorial Day
- Wilcox memorial service postponed
- Crews close Hamilton railroad crossing
- Crews to temporarily close Lee County road to work on railroad crossing