TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - The new traffic lights in Tupelo also have new cameras.
According to the Mississippi Department of Transportation, the new cameras are a part of the Gloster Project.
The project also includes widening turn lanes.
MDOT says the new cameras are not for ticketing purposes but instead to monitor the traffic in the area.
Signal improvements are also a part of the project to make driving on the Tupelo streets a little easier for residents.
- MDOT adds traffic cameras to Gloster Street
- UPDATE: Gloster Street work delayed due to weather, per MDOT
- MDOT: Work begins on Gloster in Lee County
- Black Friday brings heavier traffic to Gloster Street
- North Gloster traffic impacted by crash
- New business coming to North Gloster Street
- Car crash reported on Gloster
- TRAFFIC ALERT: MDOT prepares to add traffic lights on Highway 45
- Firefighters respond to wreck on North Gloster Street in Tupelo
- MDOT awards construction contracts