TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Republican challenger Chris McDaniel is scheduled to appear at a Friday night event in the hometown of the man he's running against, U.S. Senator Roger Wicker.
The event at American Legion Post 49 in Tupelo is advertised as a fish fry dinner by Remember Mississippi, the super political action committee that is supporting McDaniel.
This will be McDaniel's first appearance in Wicker's backyard since announcing his candidacy last week.
It was also last week that Wicker started running his campaign commercials specifically in the Hattiesburg-Laurel area where McDaniel lives.
The two candidates have filed to run for the Republican nomination in the June 5 primary for the U.S. Senate along with businessman Richard Boyanton.
- McDaniel scheduled to appear in Tupelo
- Neighborhood meetings scheduled after Tupelo tornado
- McDaniel expected to clarify political future Monday
- Road closure scheduled for Joyner area in Tupelo
- POLL: Wicker could face tough primary challenge from McDaniel
- McDaniel: I'm still debating whether to challenge Wicker
- REPORT: McDaniel expected to challenge Wicker for U.S. Senate
- Chris McDaniel says he'll challenge Roger Wicker in primary
- McDaniel to run for Cochran's U.S. Senate seat, not Wicker's
- POLL: Hyde-Smith fares better in runoff for U.S. Senate than McDaniel