COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) – More than 1,000 men and women in Columbus had a warm Thanksgiving meal early.
The Trotter Convention Center downtown was packed for the 11th Annual Senior Citizens Thanksgiving Luncheon from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m.
Pastor Ed Maurer from First Christian Church spoke to the seniors who attended. This is hosted by the mayor every year about a week before Thanksgiving. It’s open to all seniors.
- Mayor holds annual Thanksgiving lunch for seniors
- Columbus mayor hosts 12th annual Thanksgiving lunch
- Salvation Army Thanksgiving lunch moved to new location
- Regional Rehab holds annual golf tournament
- Lee County Schools offer reduced lunches
- Thanksgiving Blood Drive
- Thanksgiving Day Fast Facts
- Natchez Trace Parkway Thanksgiving Closures
- Tupelo Police investigate Thanksgiving shooting
- MHP's Thanksgiving holiday enforcement period begins Wednesday