JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - Master-Bilt is expanding in New Albany and creating 30 jobs during the next three years.
The company is a refrigeration manufacturer providing food service equipment for restaurants, retail stores, convenience stores and more.
Standex International, Master-Bilt's parent company, is expanding the New Albany operations by relocating the production of refrigerated cabinets from Hudson, Wisconsin, to the Union County facility.
The expansion adds two production lines, which will increase cabinet production volume by 25 percent.
This expansion is a two-phase project.
Phase I began in May with the production of prototype samples which were evaluated to be approved for full production beginning in June.
Phase II began in late May with the transfer of equipment, marking the start of a nine to 24-month plant expansion.
The project also includes the reorganization and layout of the current facility to improve plant operations, efficiency improvements and equipment modernization.
Master-Bilt currently employs 322 employees at its New Albany facility.
- Master-Bilt expanding in New Albany, creating jobs
- Kevin Charles Furniture expanding, creating jobs in New Albany
- Furniture producer is expanding, creating jobs in New Albany
- General Atomics in Shannon expanding, creates jobs
- Iuka auto supplier expanding, creating jobs
- SMW expanding in Lafayette County, creating jobs
- Ajinomoto Foods expanding in Oakland, creating jobs
- Blauer Manufacturing expanding to Batesville, creating jobs
- Mattress maker expanding in Verona, creating jobs
- HomeStretch expanding in Nettleton, creating 71 jobs