MARSHALL COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) – A Marshall County woman has lost an attempt to have her guilty plea to manslaughter and aggravated assault thrown out on appeal.
Karen Farr, 47, was sentenced to 25 years on both counts after entering the guilty plea in Marshall County Circuit Court.
Farr was arrested after she ran over her boyfriend, Ronnie Perry, on Highway 72 near the Cayce community in June of 2012.
The couple had apparently been arguing and Perry walked away down to the highway. Investigators say Farr followed in a pickup and run him over before hitting another vehicle.
She filed several claims in her appeal, but the Mississippi Court of Appeals say she failed to show reasonable reasons to warrant a reversal.
- Marshall County woman loses appeal attempt
- Oktibbeha County man loses appeal attempt in capital rape case
- Noxubee man loses chance at conviction appeal
- Oktibbeha County man loses appeal in store robbery
- Chickasaw County man loses appeal in aggravated assault case
- Chickasaw County man loses appeal for 2014 burglary
- Clay County man loses attempt to remove habitual offender status
- Winston County man loses attempt to have drug conviction overturned
- Alabama man on Texas death row loses appeal
- Death row inmate loses appeal over lethal injection drugs