TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - The City of Tupelo has added a new member to its police advisory board.
Marcus McCoy was approved Tuesday night.
The board had come under scrutiny for not having enough racial diversity.
McCoy's appointment gives the 10-member board three African-Americans and one Hispanic.
McCoy is 1994 graduate of Tupelo High School and is a veteran of the U.S. Air Force and National Guard.
- Marcus McCoy added to Tupelo police advisory board
- Obituary released for former Mississippi House Speaker Billy McCoy
- Police investigate Tupelo death
- Tupelo police respond to shooting
- Tupelo police detective passes away
- Police: Man stabbed in Tupelo
- Tupelo police investigating Sunday crash
- Tupelo police arrest naked man
- Tupelo Police investigate Thanksgiving shooting
- Tupelo police seek cigar thief