TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - People from all over North Mississippi came out to Fairpark in Tupelo Saturday afternoon to not only enjoy a car show but to share the gospel of Jesus Christ.
This is the eighth straight year for the "Redemption Day" event.
Various vendors, food trucks and cars were spread across the park.
The organizers say they are overwhelmed by the turnout every year.
"Jesus has been good year after year we are so grateful," Organizer Beka Ward said.
They say the meaning of "Redemption Day" is just as it sounds.
The meaning even applies to why they get the cars involved in this event.
"A lot of these have been abused and some of them been redeemed-- (by the) body work, the paint," Organizer Chase Ward said.
- Many attend 8th annual "Redemption Day" at Fairpark
- City officials break ground on Fairpark Towers project
- Thousands attend Tupelo Easter egg hunt
- 16th annual Mississippi Trailblazers Awards
- Sturgis hosts annual motorcycle rally
- More than 500 attend Golden Triangle Employment Expo
- UPDATE: New Hope school attendance returns to normal following threat
- School attendance returns to normal at New Hope School
- All 32 NFL teams in attendance at MSU pro day
- Students, recruiters attend job fair at ICC in Belden