BRUCE, Miss. (WTVA) - A man is wanted in Calhoun County after leading police on a high-speed chase.
Koty Harris is accused of leading the chase on Saturday, June 16, after failing to yield.
Bruce Police Chief Tony Sockwell says an officer was trying to stop Harris' vehicle on the north end of Bruce on Highway 9.
Police say Harris escaped from the vehicle. The vehicle continued to roll, ultimately hitting a tree. Harris then vanished into the woods.
Sockwell believes someone took Harris to Pontotoc County.
Harris is wanted for failure to yield, resisting arrest and possession of a firearm by a felon.
He is not considered armed and dangerous.
- Man wanted in Bruce following chase
- Bruce hires new police chief
- Bruce police investigate reported kidnapping
- Facebook post lands Bruce man in hot water
- Man arrested for late-night shooting in Bruce
- Reward increased for Bruce shooting suspect's capture
- Bruce police chief dies following illness
- Bruce woman accused of embezzlement in Oxford
- Bruce renames police and fire departments
- Gun found at Bruce High School