PONTOTOC COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - After more than a week a man is still on the loose in Pontotoc County following a weekend shooting.
The man is identified as Damien Lyons, 35.
The morning of August 11, Tupelo hospital personnel called the Pontotoc County Sheriff’s and said a woman had been shot in Pontotoc County.
It appears the shooter took the victim to the hospital in Tupelo and left her.
The victim is identified as Mary Gordon, 42.
Pontotoc County Sheriff Leo Mask says Gordon is still alive. However, her current condition is stable.
Mask says children ages 5 and 8 were in the home at the time of the shooting. Family members tell WTVA one child was laying in a bed with her when the incident happened. The sheriff says Lyons is facing several unknown charges.
— Daranesha Herron (@DaraneshaWTVA9) August 14, 2018
- UPDATE: Man still wanted for Pontotoc County shooting
- UPDATE: Man, nephew arrested for Pontotoc County shooting
- UPDATE: Shooting victim ID'd following Pontotoc County wreck
- UPDATE: Pontotoc County deaths investigated as homicide
- UPDATE: Second Pontotoc County body ID'd
- UPDATE: Missing Pontotoc County children found safe
- UPDATE: One Pontotoc County body ID'd
- UPDATE: Pontotoc County autopsy backs homicide
- Sheriff: Two shootings reported in Pontotoc County
- Pontotoc County shooting suspect is in custody