FULTON, Miss. (WTVA) - We have new information concerning a man arrested following a Friday chase by Red Bay, Alabama, police.
It turns out the Itawamba County Sheriff's Department had been looking for Charles Poores, 30, since last year.
Sheriff Chris Dickinson said Poores faces a burglary charge.
Dickinson said Poores was being helped by a member of Eight Days Of Hope when he took an iPad and other electronic devices in 2018 before fleeing the state.
Red Bay, Alabama, Chief Janna Jackson accused Poores of driving his truck through an active road construction zone and failing to stop when police tried stopping him.
The truck was left in rural northeast Itawamba County where law enforcement searched but could not find him.
Itawamba County sheriff's deputies arrested Poores Monday evening at a home on Walker Chapel Road.
Dickinson said Poores will also face misdemeanor traffic violation charges for the chase.
A judge set bond for Poores at $10,000.
- Man wanted for recent police chase actually sought by another agency since 2018
- Woman still being sought after police chase
- Tupelo chase suspect wanted by multiple law enforcement agencies
- Man sought by Eupora police after wreck
- Man wanted in Bruce following chase
- Driver sought after chase involving law enforcement in Golden Triangle
- Man admits guilt after 2018 chase
- Man sought by Oktibbeha County sheriff's deputies
- Police investigate recent church break-ins
- Lowndes County officers chase down, arrest wanted man