RED BAY, Ala. (WTVA) - Police in Red Bay, Alabama, said a man whom officers have been trying to find since last week is now under arrest in Itawamba County.
Charles Coleman Poores, 30, of Itawamba County, is accused by law enforcement of speeding through an active road construction zone in his truck in Alabama and failing to stop for officers on Friday.
The truck was abandoned off of State Line Road in Itawamba County shortly afterward, and the driver took off in the woods.
Red Bay Chief Janna Jackson said the plan was for Poores to turn himself in to law enforcement in Franklin County, Alabama.
It's not clear if the man turned himself in to Itawamba County deputies or if deputies found him.
- Man wanted by Red Bay, Alabama, police arrested in Itawamba County
- UPDATE: 3 wanted for Itawamba County shooting
- Man wanted in Itawamba County domestic violence case
- Drug arrests made in Itawamba County
- Drug arrest made in Itawamba County
- Molestation arrest made in Itawamba County
- Accused kidnapper arrested in Itawamba County
- Man arrested, charged with infant's death in Itawamba County
- Man arrested for illegal drug possession in Itawamba County
- Smithville man arrested for burglary in Itawamba County