WATER VALLEY, Miss. (WTVA) - A man filed a federal lawsuit against Yalobusha County, Water Valley and law enforcement for what he says happened to him during his arrest last year.
Davidtron Logan of Grenada County contends sheriff’s deputies and police officers savagely beat him last July at a checkpoint where they caught him driving with a suspended license.
Former Yalobusha County Sheriff Lance Humphreys strongly denied at the time that excessive force was used, saying Logan attacked officers first and a Taser had no effect on him.
Logan is seeking damages.
- Man suing Yalobusha County, Water Valley for 2019 arrest
- Five arrested for drugs in Yalobusha County
- Burglary arrests made in Yalobusha County
- Woman missing in Yalobusha County
- Yalobusha County teen found safe
- Yalobusha deputy K-9 nets five arrests
- Indictment made in Yalobusha County bank robbery
- 3 face felony charges in Yalobusha County
- Flooding forces closure of Yalobusha County road
- Grants to help replace Yalobusha County bridge