UPDATE: 3/1/18 7:04 p.m.
A family member told WTVA that the victim's name is Juan Patino and he is the owner of Patino Auto Service and Repair.
Deputies said the shooter is still on the run.
Sheriff Leo Mask said Patino was shot near his stomach inside of the shop.
Patino is out of surgery, and is doing ok according to the family.
Mask told WTVA he has hope the victim will be able to tell him who shot him.
At this time the sheriff doesn’t believe he was robbed.
"He still had money in his desk," said Mask.
If you have any information on who the shooter is, you are asked to call the Pontotoc County Sheriff Department.
ECRU, Miss. (WTVA) - A man was taken to the hospital after being shot in Ecru.
Pontotoc County Sheriff Leo Mask says the incident happened Thursday morning at Patino Auto Service and Repair shop on Highway 15 near North Pontotoc School.
The shop owner was shot once near his stomach and is now recovering from surgery at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo.
The motive behind the shooting is still under investigation.
"He didn't get robbed. He still had money on his desk," Mask said.
The victim told law enforcement the shooter left the scene in a red vehicle. A description of the vehicle other than the color was not given.
Nearby North Pontotoc School was placed on a precautionary lockdown. Mask says that lockdown has since been lifted.
- Shooter on the run in Ecru
- Ecru Fire Department investigates abandoned trailer fire
- Ecru man arrested after massive crash in Louisiana
- Ecru man killed by step-son in Memphis shooting
- Ecru church hosts celebration to kickoff Easter weekend
- 2nd Annual Peach Festival kicks off in Ecru
- Former Ecru city clerk pleads guilty to embezzlement
- Calhoun City shooter is still on the run
- Starkville police search for shooter
- Woman seeks public's help in locating shooter