Editor's Note: This article has been modified to reflect the latest information provided by the Tishomingo County Coroner's Office.
TISHOMINGO COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - The victim of a fire in Tishomingo County has died.
Tishomingo County Coroner Mack Wilemon says the man died Wednesday night at Regional One in Memphis.
On Wednesday, emergency responders went to a home on County Road 396 near Pickwick Lake.
Wilemon says the 81-year-old man apparently stepped backward into a propane heater, which burned his clothing.
The man was identified as Herman Stephens.
- UPDATE: Tishomingo County fire victim dies
- UPDATE: Tishomingo County body identified
- Man dies in Tishomingo County crash
- Man dies In Tishomingo County wreck
- UPDATE: One dead in Tishomingo County crash
- UPDATE: Electric issue likely cause of Tishomingo County plant fire
- Home burns in Tishomingo County fire
- UPDATE: Missing Belmont teen found in Tishomingo
- UPDATE: Missing teen found alive in Tishomingo County barn
- UPDATE: Bond denied for Tishomingo County shooting suspect