A Calhoun County man has pleaded not guilty to federal charges in connection with the burglary of the Derma Post Office.
Jackie Lamont Yates, 42, waived his arraignment hearing today.
Yates is accused of breaking into the postal facility on August 19.
He was later arrested by Calhoun County deputies in connection with the burglary and others in the county.
Yates was sentenced to three years in prison on burglary charges in September in Calhoun County Circuit Court.
He remains in custody pending trial on the federal charge.
- Man pleads not guilty to Derma Post Office burglary
- Arrest made in Derma shooting
- Plantersville man pleads not guilty to burglaries
- Chase with law enforcement ends in Derma
- Derma man indicted after fatal ATV collision earlier this year
- Prosecutor: 'S-Town' figure pleads guilty to burglary, theft
- Derma Police narrowing down suspects in gas station shooting
- Man pleads not guilty to killing birds
- Man pleads guilty in Mantachie murder case
- Man pleads guilty to cab driver's death