MANTACHIE, Miss. (WTVA) – Another person had pleaded guilty to charges for the 2015 murder of a man in Mantachie.
Andre Taylor was shot in July 2015 at a house on Museum Drive. He later died from his injury.
On Friday, Tyjuan Clevon Metcalf, 24, pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and armed robbery, confirms District Attorney John Weddle.
Metcalf was sentenced to 60 years. He will be required to serve 30 years day-for-day.
In total, five people were charged with capital murder for the death. Metcalf marks the fourth to plead guilty to lesser charges.
- Man pleads guilty in Mantachie murder case
- Mantachie man dies from rollover
- Man pleads guilty in 2016 Columbus murder
- Man pleads guilty in child porn case
- Marshals take wanted Mantachie man into custody
- Mantachie man charged with kidnapping, armed robbery
- Memorial Day crash kills Mantachie man
- Overnight fire destroys Mantachie home
- Pontotoc woman pleads guilty in fraud case
- Noxubee County man pleads guilty to murder charges