TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) — A man who killed his mom on Mother's Day 2017 pleaded guilty Monday in Lee County Circuit Court to first degree murder and aggravated assault on an officer.
Antonio Gladney, 36, used flowers and a Mother's Day card to get into the home of Molly Gladney, 66, near Shannon. Law enforcement later found her body in the carport of the home.
Sheriff Jim Johnson said Circuit Judge Paul Funderburk sentenced Gladney to life in prison.
The judge also gave the defendant 25 years in prison for hitting a detention officer while in jail.
- Man pleads guilty, gets life in prison for killing his mother
- Man pleads not guilty to killing birds
- Lowndes man pleads guilty to child abuse, heading to prison
- Two plead guilty in 2011 Columbus killing of disabled man
- Mississippi man pleads guilty in killing of Catholic nuns
- Capital murder suspect found guilty, sentenced to life in prison
- Man pleads guilty in Mantachie murder case
- Man pleads guilty to cab driver's death
- Man pleads guilty in 2016 Columbus murder
- Columbus man pleads guilty to stabbing