COLUMBUS, Miss. (AP) — A Mississippi man accused of filming a teenager while she showered has pleaded guilty.
News outlets report Richard Dobbins was ordered Friday in Columbus to spend 10 years in prison for secretly photographing for lewd purposes. Circuit Judge Lee Coleman sentenced Dobbins to 15 years with five suspended.
A teenage relative testified Wednesday that Dobbins set up a camera in a home bathroom. The jury saw a video from the camera Wednesday. Dobbins entered his plea Thursday morning.
District Attorney Scott Colom says the evidence was so strong it convinced Dobbins to plea. Dobbins' attorney Rod Ray says the videos were so powerful that his client pretty much had to plea.
A second victim, an adult female relative, also testified but said she didn't want Dobbins to go to prison.
- Man pleads guilty during trial to secretly filming minor
- UPDATE: Kossuth coach accused of secretly filming female students
- Oxford man charged with secretly photographing for lewd purpose
- Man pleads not guilty to killing birds
- Man pleads guilty in Mantachie murder case
- Man pleads guilty to cab driver's death
- Man pleads guilty in 2016 Columbus murder
- Columbus man pleads guilty to stabbing
- Man pleads guilty in child porn case
- Corinth man pleads guilty to federal charges