NETTLETON, Miss. (WTVA) - A man who once used the services of the Nettleton FAITH food pantry donated $10,000 to the organization on Saturday.
Everett Millwood and his wife have been donating monthly to the pantry for almost 10 years.
Millwood once needed the services from the pantry and promised to repay the organization once he had the money to.
"Well, if they've ever used it (the food pantry), then they should support it."
The pantry relies strictly on funds from donors. This includes local churches, grocery stores, individual donors like the Millwoods and United Way.
The organization serves more than 850 families and requires about 150 volunteers.
"We don't turn anyone down, and we are here almost every day," said volunteer and board member Marolyn Hester.
- Man gives back to the Nettleton FAITH food pantry
- Local food pantry feeds hundreds
- Junior Auxiliary helps refill THS food pantry
- Amory Food Pantry in need of donations
- Nettleton burglaries land man behind bars
- Spotlight on Aberdeen - Loaves and Fishes Food Pantry
- International Paper gifts thousands to Salvation Army food pantry
- Bully's Closet and Pantry fights against food insecurity
- Nettleton man accused of false pretense in Amory
- Nettleton man accused of trafficking drugs in Monroe County