TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) -- A man on probation for murder in Virginia finds himself back behind bars in Lee County.
Sheriff Jim Johnson says Robert Jones, 49, is charged with felony child abuse and possession of firearms by a convicted felon.
A report was filed on the 29th by a third party about the choking of a child under the age of 13 at a home in Guntown.
He was arrested yesterday after an investigation and had a handgun on him.
Johnson says 6 more rifle/shotgun style weapons were found in the home during an investigation.
He was on probabation under the charges of 2nd degree murder, perjury, use of a firearm in relation to a crime of violence and felony assault.
The came from federal court in Virginia.
Jones bond was set at $250,000.
- Man on probation for murder charged with felony child abuse
- Oxford man charged with felony child abuse
- Felony child abuse suspect arrested again on burglary charge
- Starkville man arrested, charged with child abuse
- Booneville man charged with child abuse
- Tupelo man charged with felony fleeing
- Starkville woman faces felony charges
- Oxford police charge mother with child abuse
- Oxford mother charged with child abuse
- New Orleans man charged with child abuse in Oktibbeha County