NESHOBA COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Law enforcement shot and killed a man in Neshoba County Thursday when deputies say he pointed a gun at first responders during a house fire.
WTOK-TV reports the fire happened in Burnside, and the man who was shot may have started the fire.
A witness says the man was holding a gun on firefighters preventing them from coming on his property.
Sheriff Tommy Waddell says the man pointed a gun in their direction and that led to him being shot.
At last check, the man's name has not been released.
- Man killed by law enforcement during Neshoba County house fire
- Hunt continues for Neshoba County escapee
- Noxubee County man dies in Neshoba County crash
- Law enforcement investigate fire at Walmart
- Man charged after fleeing from law enforcement
- Oktibbeha County law enforcement investigate shooting
- Man accused of shooting at law enforcement in Webster County
- Columbus man leads law enforcement on pursuit in Lowndes County
- Law enforcement agencies, family remember off-duty trooper shot, killed
- Law enforcement responds to shots fired in Aberdeen