BENTON COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - The Mississippi Highway Patrol is still investigating a one-vehicle accident in Benton County that claimed the life of a Memphis resident.
Troopers responded to I-22, near Hickory Flat, at approximately 6:08 p.m. Friday evening.
"Upon arriving it appeared that Randy Barnes, 39, of Memphis, was walking westbound on I-22 in the roadway when he was hit by an 18-wheeler," said Cpl. Jason Roe.
Barnes died at the scene from his injuries.
The driver of the 18-wheeler was uninjured.
- Man struck and killed while walking on I-22
- I-22 reopens after wreck
- I-22 wreck injures two motorcyclists
- Two 18-wheelers collide on I-22
- No injuries after 18-wheeler runs off I-22
- UPDATE: All lanes clear after I-22 spill
- Truck catches fire on I-22, no injuries
- Crash causing I-22 backup near Sherman
- UPDATE: Georgia man dies after I-22 collision in Tupelo
- Police: Pedestrian struck and killed in Starkville