TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) – A man underwent surgery following an early morning house fire in Tupelo.
According to the City of Tupelo, firefighters responded to 1504 West Bristow Drive about 1:45 a.m. on Tuesday, December 19.
They found the victim standing in the doorway, bleeding from a cut to the arm.
Firefighters encountered heavy smoke. They also found a downed power line in the backyard.
The fire was contained to the kitchen area by 2:19 a.m.
The man was taken by an ambulance to North Mississippi Medical Center, where he underwent surgery and was later transported to a medical facility in either Jackson or Memphis for treatment for burns.
- Man injured in Tupelo house fire
- Motorcyclist injured in Tupelo accident
- Abandoned house on fire in Tupelo
- Firefighters respond to Tupelo house fire
- House damaged in overnight fire in Tupelo
- One person injured in overnight house fire
- One Injured in Attala County house fire
- No one injured in Columbus house fire
- Nettleton house fire injures one person
- Fire damages Tupelo apartments