LOUISVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - An alleged shooter was taken into custody after a woman was wounded in Attala County.
Attala County Sheriff Tim Nail confirmed Ryan Steen, 21, was taken into custody at noon on Thursday at the Walmart store in Louisville.
Steen is accused of shooting a woman in the chest overnight.
Nail said the shooting happened in the 13000 block of Highway 12 West, which is outside the town limits of Kosciusko.
The woman was transported to the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson.
Investigators hope to find a motive for the shooting.
According to the sheriff, Steen and the woman were friends and not in a relationship.
- Man in custody after Attala County shooting
- Five wounded in Attala County club shooting
- Man held after 4 hit in Attala County nightclub shooting
- Man arrested, charged in connection to Attala County shooting
- West Nile virus reported in Attala County
- House destroyed in Attala County fire
- One Injured in Attala County house fire
- Sheriff: Burglary suspect arrested, returned to Attala County
- Woman dead, man charged after apparent hit-and-run in Attala County
- Report: Attala sheriff's deputies respond to report of large fight