TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - A man is recovering after being hit by a train on Sunday afternoon.
Leesha Faulkner with the city of Tupelo confirms a pedestrian was hit by a BNSF Railway train on Park Street around 1:45 p.m.
According to authorities, the man has no broken bones and has non-life threatening injuries. Train investigators are on their way to the scene.
The BNSF train was delayed on the tracks from Crosstown and Park Street to Elizabeth Street for at least three hours, waiting on investigators after the accident.
- Man hit by train in Tupelo
- Tupelo man accused of hitting multiple vehicles
- Tupelo man killed after motorcycle hits tree
- Reed's Tupelo Christmas Parade a holiday hit
- Man arrested following Tupelo collision
- Police: Man stabbed in Tupelo
- Tupelo police arrest naked man
- Man reported missing in Tupelo
- Tupelo Scruggs employee hit by vehicle, two in custody
- UPDATE: Victim in Tupelo hit-and-run identified