JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - An elderly man from Rankin County is the sixth confirmed death from the coronavirus, the Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) confirmed Thursday morning.
The man was 80-85 years old and had underlying health conditions. He died in the hospital.
The other five deaths were patients from Hancock, Holmes, Tunica, Webster and Wilkinson counties.
- Man from Jackson area is sixth coronavirus death
- Mississippi reports first coronavirus death
- Mississippi reports second coronavirus death
- Local firefighters lend a helping hand in Jackson area
- Task force teams provided flood aid in Jackson-metro area
- Tupelo looks for sixth All-America City honor
- Sixth arrest made for Monroe County check scam
- Tupelo honors sixth anniversary of Sgt. Gale Stauffer's sacrifice
- Joe Jackson, father of Michael Jackson, dies
- Webster County man among five coronavirus deaths in Mississippi