MONROE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A Tuesday morning waterway accident in Monroe County claimed the life of a local man.
Monroe County Coroner Alan Gurley confirms the identity of the victim to be Donald Lee Hulsey, 72.
The accident happened sometime after 8 a.m. in the area of Cypress Gardens Cove, north of Aberdeen along the Tombigbee River.
Gurley confirms the cause of death to be drowning.
Gurley says it appears Hulsey was trying to retrieve his boat after it drifted away from the ramp.
- Man drowns in Monroe County
- Lowndes County man charged in Monroe County
- Hamilton man wanted by Monroe County investigators
- UPDATE: Missing Monroe County man found safe
- Man faces marijuana charge in Monroe County
- Man charged in Monroe County shooting
- Fire destroys Monroe County home
- Child shot in Monroe County
- Local man drowns while visiting MS coast
- Ripley man charged with drug possession in Monroe County