Update 09/28/18 1:37 p.m.
Winston County Sheriff Jason Pugh identifies the victim as Cesar Lopez. His body has been sent for an autopsy.
Andra Galvon, 17, is being charged as an adult with murder.
Pugh says the shooting happened as a result of a fight over a girl who lives on Blaine Road. He says the suspect climbed through the window with a gun and started shooting. The victim was shot in the neck and chest.
See the original post below.
WINSTON COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A man is dead after being shot in Winston County.
Winston County Chief Deputy Keith Alexander confirms the incident happened Thursday night sometime near 10:30 on Blaine Road.
He says the victim was shot in the neck and chest and later died at the local hospital.
Alexander says officers have a person in custody.
This is still under investigation. Names have not been released at this time.
This is a developing story.
- UPDATE: Man dies in Winston County shooting
- UPDATE: Man wanted in Winston County burglary
- Starkville man dies in Winston motorcycle crash
- UPDATE: Power restored in Winston County
- UPDATE: Chickasaw County man killed in Winston wreck
- ATV wreck kills man in Winston County
- Collision kills young man in Winston County
- Winston County man wanted for uttering forgery
- UPDATE: Son dies following Winston County fire, father accused of starting it
- UPDATE: Guilty verdict in Winston County murder trial