LOWNDES COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) -- A man died Saturday after he crashed his truck in Lowndes County.
Coroner Greg Merchant says Robert Robertson, 70, of Columbus, collapsed at home while a deputy was interviewing him about the accident early that morning at Spivey Road and Ridge Road.
The deputy then started CPR, and an ambulance took Robertson to Baptist Memorial Hospital - Golden Triangle.
He was pronounced dead in the emergency room.
Merchant says the investigation into what happened is still ongoing.
- Man dies after truck crash north of Columbus
- Stolen truck crashed in Columbus
- Columbus man arrested for stolen truck case
- Columbus fire truck in accident
- Scrap metal truck overturns in Columbus
- Columbus city councilman Gene Taylor dies
- Columbus man charged with cyberstalking
- Missing Columbus man found safe
- UPDATE: Columbus road reopens after dump truck hits power lines
- Community reacts to Columbus woman fatally struck by a truck