ABERDEEN, Miss. (WTVA) - A man found himself behind bars in Monroe County for allegedly possessing counterfeit money.
Billy Dewayne Jones, 28, of Aberdeen, was arrested Saturday, Dec. 15, for disorderly conduct. He was later additionally charged with uttering forgery.
He is accused of using approximately $1,600 in fake money in the area.
Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell says Jones was caught using the money at local stores.
The sheriff believes Jones got the money from an online source.
- Man charged with using fake money in Monroe County
- Lowndes County man charged in Monroe County
- Aberdeen women charged with using fake money
- Man faces marijuana charge in Monroe County
- Man charged in Monroe County shooting
- Monroe County warns public of fake narcotics officers
- Man drowns in Monroe County
- Monroe County men face drug-related charges
- Four face drug charges in Monroe County
- Ripley man charged with drug possession in Monroe County