LOWNDES COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A man is accused of extortion in Lowndes County.
On September 4, the Lowndes County Sheriff’s Department arrested Thomas Yarnell Macon for felony extortion.
Lowndes County Sheriff Mike Arledge says Macon was attempting to extort money from a person whom he had previously extorted money from before.
The sheriff says Macon was telling the victim that if he did not get cash, he was going to post items on the internet that would be of concern and harm to the victim.
The victim contacted law enforcement and Macon was arrested.
A hold has been placed on him by the Mississippi Department of Corrections.
- Man charged with extortion in Lowndes County
- Lowndes County man charged in Monroe County
- Lowndes County inmate dies
- Crash In Lowndes County
- Woman charged with Lowndes County burglary
- Duo charged with Lowndes County burglary
- Three charged in Lowndes County bribery case
- Husband injured, woman charged in Lowndes County
- Lowndes County couple charged with child deprivation
- Man charged following altercation with Lowndes County deputies