BOONEVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) -- A Booneville man is charged with breaking into the home of a person who had recently been placed in a nursing home.
Sheriff Randy Tolar says Jackie Ray Wilburn, 65, of East Church Street is charged with burglary of a commercial building.
He says Wilburn targeted the unoccupied home of someone in an assisted living facility.
Wilburn's bond was initially set at $5,000.
The Mississippi Department of Corrections has placed a hold on Wilburn for violating his probation on a previous felony charge.
The case will be presented to the grand jury.
- Man charged with burglarizing home of nursing home patient
- Man charged with assault in shooting outside nursing home
- Teens burglarize homes in Tupelo neighborhood
- Man wakes from coma to learn his home was burglarized
- No injuries at Columbus nursing home fire
- A nursing home patient 'rotted to death' under nurses' care, Ohio attorney general says
- Man charged with burglarizing truck in Oxford
- Man charged with taking items from home
- Former nursing home care worker sentenced in theft case
- Government flags Columbus nursing home over poor care