UNION COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A man was arrested after leading deputies on a high speed chase in Union County.
Kenneth Layne, 26, is charged with felony fleeing and several misdemeanors.
Deputies chased him from Hwy 15 south near Ingomar to the edge of Pontotoc County with Layne reaching speeds over 100 miles per hour.
Layne drove through several yards and a fence before coming to a stop after crashing into a trailer in someone's yard.
His bond was set at $10,000.
Sheriff Edwards said Layne was out on felony bond from Lafayette County at the time and also on probation.
No one was injured in the chase.
Edwards says officers found meth under Layne's vehicle.
- Man arrested for high speed chase in Union County
- Man arrested after high-speed chase with law enforcement
- Multi-county high-speed chase ends with arrest
- High speed chase ends in Lee Co.
- Tupelo man leads police on high speed chase
- Auto theft at Lowndes County store leads to high-speed chase
- Police chase causes power outage in Union County
- Three drug arrests made in Union County
- ICE involved in Union County arrests
- Lowndes County chase results in the arrest of Alabama man