BOONEVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) -- A joint investigation by state and local law enforcement leads to the arrest of a man on charges he attempted to entice a child for sexual purposes.
Prentiss County Sheriff Randy Tolar says Michael Benoit, 36, was arrested after an investigation by his department and the Mississippi Attorney General's Office.
Benoit was arrested by U. S. Marshals Wednesday in Alabama and returned to Mississippi.
Bond was set at $10,000.
Tolar says the Mississippi Department of Corrections placed a hold on Benoit because he had failed to report to his probation officer as part of a prior criminal case.
The case will be presented to the Prentiss County grand jury.
- Man arrested for enticement of a child
- Child enticement arrest made in Prentiss County
- Oxford police arrest man for enticement of a child
- Bruce High School band director arrested for child enticement
- Oxford man charged with robbery, enticement of child
- Alcorn Co. man charged with enticement of child
- Memphis man arrested in Oxford for enticement of minor
- Former band director pleads guilty to child enticement
- UPDATE: Teacher resigns after charged with enticing a student
- Grenada man arrested on child pornography charge