LOWNDES COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Sheriff's deputies in Lowndes County have arrested a man accused of stealing a car and leading them on a high speed chase.
Dylan Langford is charged with felony taking of a motor vehicle and felony fleeing.
Chief Deputy Marc Miley says Langford is accused of stealing a woman's car while she was inside the Old Country Store on Highway 12 East.
According to Miley, the man was seen in the stolen car on Highway 373 and refused to pull over for deputies.
At one point, the car hit spike strips on Highway 45 near Airbase Hill but kept going.
The chase, which had reached speeds of 95 miles an hour, finally ended in the parking lot of a Sprint Mart near Highway 45 and Bluecutt Road in Columbus where officers blocked the vehicle.
That's where Langford was arrested without any problems.
- Man arrested after high-speed chase with law enforcement
- Chase involving law enforcement ends with arrest
- UPDATE: Constable disputes report of high-speed chase by law enforcement in Tupelo
- Man arrested for high speed chase in Union County
- Chase with law enforcement ends in Derma
- High speed chase ends in Lee Co.
- Multi-county high-speed chase ends with arrest
- Tupelo man leads police on high speed chase
- Residents react to law enforcement chase in Tupelo
- Driver sought after chase involving law enforcement in Golden Triangle